Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Williams boys are not scared



Haruka and I are planning on going to Seattle to visit my family during the christmas week and then go to japan for new years for her parents. So during the planning phase of our trip Haruka mentions Space A which is for active duty and retired military members to fly on military aircraft(if space is available hense Space A) and there so happens to be a flight out of Seattle Intl airport that goes to japan twice a week. well Haruka wanted all the information flight schedules, baggage requirements and so on. I got all the info for her, and about a week passed and we were really thinking about using Space A. However, Haruka say's to me "Kipp I bought tickets to Japan". at first I was a little disappointed about not going space A and saving money and giving it a try. But then she said," I only bought tickets for me and Max." WHAT!!!!! she continued to say your going Space A, and not only did she leave me there, she said something that I think any of the Williams would get curious over. "Kipp you have to figure out how to get to my house." I immediately took that as a challenge, how could I get there by train oh how delightful... bus? oh even better Im going to bike it! 250 ish miles from Yokota Air Base to the steps of Haruka's parent home in the winter months of japan, cold!!! Oh how she regrets not buying me a ticket, she is worried to a cold chilling death that I will either get arrested for sleeping in odd places or freezing. Haruka's parents are worried too. I am a seasoned veteran of the cold/dusty/rainy/windy/roads of America, not to expand and take my experiences to Japan would hinder such a gift. well I have a budget for gear, I dont have to worry about food cause there are convenient stores that are abundant across Japan, but this is going to be awesome adventure and a challenge. I am giving the rights of my journal and camera to Kevin to author my book if I die.

9 comments:

lydia moyer said...

like i said crazy, out of control, adrenaline junkie! you better watch some episodes of survivor man just incase!

lydia moyer said...

oh and i'm sure dad will go over your route a number of times while you are at his house. even though he's never biked it he probably knows all the right places to sleep and where every convenience store is:)

Aaron said...

That is so cool!!!

Bracan said...

I am green with envy! You have inspired me to ride my bike to my in-laws house this holiday season! I'll have to get some saddle bags.

SonyaB said...

one word....Crazy!! I'm with Lydia on this one!! LoL! Good luck!

Aaron said...

I'm going to ride my bike to Dads, I'll be packin' for the worst.

Bracan said...

I made it to the Goodwin's in Edmonds. Actually I rode to the transit center (4 miles) and then from the bus stop to my final destination (2 miles). I might be riding (bus/bike)to Bellevue after work to sleep until crossroads for dinner with the in-laws. Wish me luck!

lydia moyer said...

i rode my bike today with my eyes closed most if the time! my stationary bike:)

Benny and Nettie said...

I look forward to seeing all the great pictures of the snow and your blue fingers. LOL :D I am with Lydia on this one, oh and have you told Mom Yet ? Yeah that's what I thought. Good luck it sounds like a great adventure.